You’ll see from our new logo that we’ve been busy reviewing our look over the last few months. The old style dated back to our 1999-2001 redevelopment and we felt the time was right for a re-think. The theatre has changed enormously over the past 10 years with a diverse mix of staged performances including lots more international dance and opera, plus world-class drama. There will be some more changes over the coming months with uniforms, foyer displays and online. Let us know what you think next time you’re visiting.
If you love theatre, you’re going to be spoilt for choice next year as we have some absolutely fantastic shows lined up for you. From west-end classics, to hit musicals and bewitching new dance from internationally acclaimed companies – there’s something to suit all tastes:
- Come together for a fab night out with friends when Let It Be rocks ‘n’ rolls onto our stage from 25-30 April 2016.
- The theatre will be alive with The Sound of Music from 24-28 May 2016.
- Everyone’s favourite miaow-sical Cats pounces onto our stage from 30 May – 4 Jun 2016.
5th International Dance Festival Birmingham is back from 1 – 28 May 2016, with the best programme yet! So far as co-producers of the festival we will be welcoming:
- Nederlands Dans Theater 2, a company of 18 international dancers aged 18-23 who will perform a vibrant mixed repertoire of work on 3 & 4 May 2016.
- Carlos Acosta returns to Birmingham Hippodrome on 6 & 7 May 2016 to perform his final classical ballet programme alongside an incredible cast of dancers from Cuba with a full live orchestra.
- Cloud Gate Dance Theatre of Taiwan on 10 & 11 May 2016, with Songs of the Wanderers, a visually stunning masterpiece featuring a truly astonishing set complete with 3 ½ tons of shimmering rice.
- Ballet British Columbia make their IDFD debut on 20&21 May and bring a compelling programme by three leading female choreographers to our stage.
You can buy tickets for these newly announced shows on our website. Please visit our Access page for dates of all signed, captioned and audio described performances.